This course covers all of the legal aspects with regards to managing challenging and extreme behaviour in educational settings. This course is run at a mutually agreed time between the client and the training provider, on purchase of the course you will be contacted by our course coordinator Rob Towersey who will provide further information.
- Session 1- 1.5 hours (face-to-face or online)
- Session 2- 2.5 hours (face-to- face), can be delivered in Twilight learning sessions/ inset where required.
Practical and theory elements
Delivered in two sessions:
Session 1 – Restraint reduction legal briefing on the Use of Reasonable Force with children & young people
- What is deemed as ‘reasonable force’ when dealing with pupils.
- Restraint risk assessment and least restrictive practices
- Risk assessing and searching of pupils & their property
- Last resorts and translating guidance documents
- Risk assessing time-out rooms & withdrawal
- Reporting and recording incidents & allegations
Session 2 – Safer handling, handling, essential physical intervention & disengagement skills
- Differentiate between holding, handling, escorting and guiding.
- Managing the risks of handling smaller children
- Managing the risks of biting, hair pulling & spitting
- Seated holds and the safe movement of pupils
- Managing the risks of objects and weapons
- Safely managing altercations & disengagements