Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
Our Statement of General Policy is:
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health and provide adequate control of health and safety risks arising from work activities;
- To provide adequate training to ensure employees are competent to do their work;
- To engage and consult with employees on day-to-day health and safety conditions and provide advice and supervision on occupational health;
- To implement emergency procedures – evacuation in case of fire or other significant incident;
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions, provide and maintain plant, equipment and machinery, and ensure safe storage/use of substances.
The duties of employees are to:
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety, and that of others who may be affected by their acts of omissions at work;
- Co-operate with others within the company to fulfil our statutory duties;
- Not interfere with, misuse or wilfully damage anything provided in the interest of health and safety.
STS Training Solutions
Next review: 17.5.24